The South African Council for the Project and Construction Management Professions (SACPCMP) is a juristic entity established by Section two of the Project and Construction Management Act (Act No 48 of 2000). The SACPCMP was established to provide for statutory professional certification, registration and regulation of the project and construction management professions in order to protect public interest and advance construction and project management education.
Registrations is based on the following Categories:
• Professional Construction Project Manager (Pr CPM)
• Professional Construction Manager (Pr CM)
• Candidate Construction Project Manager (C CPM)
• Candidate Construction Manager (C CM)
The Council is further empowered through Subsection 18 (1) (c) of Act 48 of 2000 to cater for other specified categories.
It is on this basis that the Council introduced the following specified categories:
• Professional Construction Mentor (Pr CMentor)
• Construction Mentor (CMentor)